29 April 2009

Brother-Captain Turel, reporting for duty.

Here's my latest work (for Space Marines, anyway.) This is a counts as Shrike model I worked up, and if I ever get more assault marines, he will see some action on the tabletop. For now, however, he is little more than a centerpiece. In any case, props to Jawaballs for his wing tutorials! I did mine far too small, but used the basic techniques to create my own wing pattern. I may have to try the wings again in the future. Anyway, here's some pics of the newest addition to the Dawn Crusaders command structure!



4 comments:

eriochrome said...

I used those same claws for my Shrike but I did not like the veteran body. I thought the emblishments might get in the way during jumping so I just built him on a normal assault marine body with a dark angels beaky head that has faint wings.

You might try to get something to represent the Iron Halo for WYSIWYG purposes.

Wanderer787 said...

Yeah, I'll have to dig through my bits box to see if I have a spare IH lying around. Although, the profile has Shrike with a pistol, and I don't remember him having one on the model. Or an iron halo, for that matter. Ah well, it's GW. It doesn't always have to make sense.

jabberjabber said...

I like the look and pose of this guy - its as if he's just finished with an opponent, or just about to start with one :)

Luis Bermer said...

Nice claws!

I linked your blog ;), Check mine if you like: http://universo40k.blogspot.com/

Greetings from Spain!